For persons, responsible for the supervision and permit writing of entrants at confined spaces where work has been assessed and classified as NC2, NC3 or NC4 (Medium or High Risk) under the Water UK scheme. This course must run in conjunction with a City and Guilds Level 2 Qualification in Working in High Risk Confined Spaces: Water (6150-03).
6150-14: Working in High Risk Confined Spaces for Top Man/Persons (Non-Entrant)
£490.00 (ex VAT)
There are no dates currently available. Please contact us for further information
Please advise any additional learning requirements delegates may need, in order that arrangements can be made in advance to ensure the course material fits your needs.
- All candidates must be clean shaven, if this is not possible we must be notified prior to the course date.
- Candidates should bring their own safety footwear, waterproof clothing, hard hat and working gloves for the practical exercises.
- Any Person attending this course should be physically and mentally fit to withstand the rigours of training.
- Candidates should be able to read, write and understand English as all documentation, presentations and examination paperwork will be in English only.
Along with gaining a sound understanding of the Confined Space Regulations 1997, learners will be able to:
- Interpret the Water UK Confined Spaces classification scheme
- Permit entry according to risk assessment methods
- Risk assess residual hazards
- Prepare to act as a safety attendant for teams working in confined spaces
- Oversee safe entry and exit to confined spaces
- Monitor work team to ensure procedures are followed
- Establish and maintain a safety zone
- Deal with emergencies
- Assemble, brief and deploy staff
- Determine and establish an adequate means of onsite and offsite communications
- Establish control systems required by the risk assessment
- Control all work within the agreed risk assessment method
- Close down the safety zone and the confined space
- React positively in an emergency
- Apply relevant water industry standards for working in high risk confined spaces