To provide thorough theory and practical training in the role of the Appointed Person / Lift PLanner, enabling candidates to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical tests.
NPORS Appointed Persons Lifting Operations/Lift Planner – Foundation
£625.00 (ex VAT)
There are no dates currently available. Please contact us for further information
The duration of this course is subject to a variety of factors including candidate experience and prior tuition received, delegate numbers, site restrictions etc. Given this, TUTS don’t adopt a ‘one size fits all’ approach to our course delivery. Please speak to one of our trusted advisors to determine a delivery package that’s specific to you and/or your business.
In order to be eligible to undertake NPORS Appointed Person testing, candidates must have achieved the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) touch-screen-test within 2 years.
– Legislation LOLER, PUWER, HASAWA
– Codes of practice BS7121 part 1 and BS712 part 3
– Roles and responsibilities of personnel involved with lifting operations
– Crane appreciation crane types, capabilities and limitations
– Duty charts
– Crane terminology
– Site access and egress
– Documentation and certification for lifting equipment and lifting accessories
– Crane stability/ground conditions
– Rated Capacity Indicators (RCI’s) and Safe Working Loads (SWL)
– Selection of lifting accessories
– Types of accessories and use
– Mode factors for accessories
– Down rating of accessories
– Sling angles
– Planning a lifting operation
– Writing a risk assessment (End test)
– Writing a method statement (End test)