The following course is designed for companies and their staff that will be entering areas that will be classified as confined spaces and where there may be a risk to lives or serious injuries. This course will cover the Confined Space Regulations 1997 in detail and other related regulations; the specified criteria according to the regulations as to what makes a confined space and provide candidates with a solid understanding as to safe working procedures whilst working within, entering and exiting a confined space if an emergency was to arise forcing an evacuation.
TN0101: CS1 Entry into Confined Space with Escape Sets and Self Rescue
£150.00 (ex VAT)
There are no dates currently available. Please contact us for further information
Please advise any additional learning requirements delegates may need, in order that arrangements can be made in advance to ensure the course material fits your needs.
- Suitable classroom required with adequate tables/chairs for all delegates
- Confined space must be non-live
- Practical training area must be suitably cordoned off
- All delegates must be clean shaven, if this is not possible we must be notified prior to the course date
- Delegates must provide their own PPE (safety footwear, hi-vis, hard hat, gloves etc.)
- Delegates attending the course should be physically and mentally fit to withstand the rigours of training
- Delegates should be able to read, write and understand English as all documentation, presentations and examinations will be in English only.
- Personal protection and hygiene requirements
- Understanding risk assessment and method statements
- Types of gaseous atmosphere, gas monitoring equipment and its use
- The use of harness, fall arrest and retrieval systems
- The use of escape breathing apparatus and self-rescue procedures
- Safe entry working and exit procedures at confined spaces
- Knowledge and skill exercises for planning, permits, entering, working and exiting confined spaces using escape breathing apparatus as a part of the planned means for self-rescue.