For those required to enter areas deemed as high risk due to atmospheric conditions and require the use of Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA). This course will follow guidelines set out in the Confined Space Regulations 1997
TN0102: CS2 Entry into Confined Space with Escape sets and Full BA
£285.00 (ex VAT)
There are no dates currently available. Please contact us for further information
Please advise any additional learning requirements delegates may need, in order that arrangements can be made in advance to ensure the course material fits your needs.
- All candidates must be clean shaven, if this is not possible we must be notified prior to the course date.
- Candidates should bring their own safety footwear, waterproof clothing, hard hat and working gloves for the practical exercises.
- Any Person attending this course should be physically and mentally fit to withstand the rigours of training.
- Candidates should be able to read, write and understand English as all documentation, presentations and examination paperwork will be in English only.
Along with covering the Confined Space Regulations 1997 in detail, the course will cover:
Recognising the Reasons for use:
- Risk Assessments
- Safe Systems of Work
- Gas monitoring systems
- Hazards of ammonia and OEL levels
- Components of the apparatus
- Pre-user work checks
- Correct donning and user checks
- Importance of regular use/exercises
Care and Maintenance
- User hygiene and cleansing
- Care and basic maintenance
- Decontamination and record keeping
Use of SCBA
- Preparing to work safely in dangerous atmospheres
- BA Control
- Dealing with Emergencies