This training course is designed to meet the requirements for training in line with the Provision and Use of Work Equipment regulations 1998 (PUWER 1998) for safety in the use of abrasive wheels and discs. It is suitable for all operators, supervisors or managers who select, mount or inspect abrasive wheels.
TN0104: Abrasive Wheel Awareness
Price on Application
There are no dates currently available. Please contact us for further information
Please advise any additional learning requirements delegates may need, in order that arrangements can be made in advance to ensure the course material fits your needs.
• Candidates should be able to read, write and understand English as all documentation, presentations and examination paperwork will be in English only.
• If course held at customer venue, then suitable classroom with adequate seating for all candidates must be provided
On completion of the course, candidates will be able to:
• Understand the nature of hazards associated with abrasive wheels
• Understand the current requirements and responsibilities as per the legislation
• Understand the characteristics of abrasives and their action
• Understand and interpret the marking system for abrasive wheels
• Recognise the need for careful handling of abrasives
• Identify main components and their function
• Mount an abrasive wheel and/or diamond blade
• Use operating precautions and be aware of avoiding continuous
• Hazards and symptoms of HAVs
• Demonstrate knowledge on abrasive wheels and diamond blades