For any person who has responsibility for planning safe systems of work, after risk assessment, for others entering confined spaces, uses permits to work as part of a safe system and is appointed by the employer to be the Responsible or Authorising Officer responsible for confined spaces and/or implementing/maintaining the employer’s confined spaces policy.
TN0144: The Management and Supervision of Work in Confined Spaces
£395.00 (ex VAT)
There are no dates currently available. Please contact us for further information
Please advise any additional learning requirements delegates may need, in order that arrangements can be made in advance to ensure the course material fits your needs.
- Candidates should bring their own safety footwear, waterproof clothing, hard hat and working gloves for the practical exercises (demonstrate of equipment only)
- Candidates should be able to read, write and understand English as all documentation, presentations and examination paperwork will be in English only.
- How to interpret and apply National Standards to Confined Space working
- How to undertake risk assessments of work in confined spaces
- How to develop, communicate and install safe systems of work
- How to work with permits to work and their control features
- How to select, install and maintain appropriate control measures including hygiene procedures for standard and non-standard entries
- How to understand the mechanisms of atmosphere testing, monitoring and ventilation procedures.
- How to select – as appropriate – gas monitoring or testing equipment, harness, hoists, winches and fall arrest systems and escape or working breathing apparatus.